Anyone who’s ever been to a party at my house has probably tried these morsels. I love making these for crowds because they’re cheap, easy to make in big batches, easy to eat one-handed, tasty, and substantial enough to soak up some alcohol.
This also makes them great lunchbox snacks, which is a good thing for us. For someone trying to maximise their energy intake, having good snacks throughout the day can be better than trying to finish three enormous meals.
Zucchini bites are particularly good snacks for CF-ers, with some fat from the cheese, bacon and oil, and some nutrients from the vegetables.
I’m told that children and drunk people tend to like the same food, so I’m sure these will be popular with kids as well.
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 3 zucchini, grated
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 rashers of shortcut bacon, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl until combined. Add the flour and beat until smooth, then add zucchini, onion, carrots cheese and oil and stir to combine.
- Divide between 18 muffin tins and bake in oven for 25 minutes or until cooked through.